Monday, December 22, 2008

Winter Solstice Christmas Tree 5 Miler


In June we ran the Summer Solstice Watermelon 5 mile run. All finishers receive a watermelon, plus all you can eat cut watermelon. In the winter, try us events puts on the Christmas Tree run, and all finishers receive a tree. After running in the summer event for the last 2 years and having a great time, we decided to try the winter run. It's the same flat and fast course that winds through El Dorado Park in Long Beach as the Summer Solstice 5 miler. It's a small group of runners too, about 250, all friendly and looking to have a fun pre-christmas run around the park.
Benny smoked me, again! I now know that beating him in the LB Half was a fluke! And Matt was under 10min/mile again!!!! Woo Hoo!
We were expecting to go home with small potted christmas trees, but they handed out actual cut trees!!! All sizes!
I also came away with a 2nd place medal in my age group.
I try not to think about the first place runner who finished 10 min ahead of me!!!

No comments: